Lori J. Wrightington
Director of Laser & Medispa Services
Lori Wrightington, our Director of Laser & Medispa Services is a certified Clinical Laser Technician and Skin Care Therapist. She joined the Dermatology and Laser Center of Charleston team in July of 2005. Lori grew up in Connecticut and is an alumnus of Southern Connecticut State University earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Arts. She also studied abroad and earned a certificate of studies from the Universita di Urbino in Urbino, Italy.
Lori celebrated her 15th anniversary in 2019 working in the dermatology field under the direct supervision of Dr. Schlesinger, assisting him in general, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. In addition to her certified clinical training, Lori received extensive hands-on training with Dr. Schlesinger in all aspects of dermatology and cosmetic treatments. This includes clinically assisting Dr. Schlesinger in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, for removal of different types of skin carcinoma. As one of the most experienced laser specialist in Charleston, she is extremely proficient in performing any type of laser service.
Lori continues to further her expertise and skin care training through continuing education, especially as technology continues to evolve. In 2010, Lori was invited to attend Cosmetic Bootcamp in Colorado Springs, CO under the tutelage of Dr. Kenneth Beer, renowned dermatologist and founder of Cosmetic Bootcamp. In 2013, she was invited to serve as a member of the advisory committee of the Esthetics Department at Trident Technical College.
Lori’s expertise and her team were instrumental in the practice being voting Best Medical Spa by readers of Charleston City Paper and the Charleston Post & Courier in 2018.
Her clinical certification and advanced training includes:
- Candela/Syneron, manufacturers of the Gentle Max Pro family of lasers, as well as the Candela Vbeam Perfecta. These lasers feature the latest in advanced micro-pulse technology and are used for treating hair removal, photo facials, skin rejuvenation, fractional resurfacing, skin lightening, wrinkle reduction and removal of vascular lesions and pigmentation.
- Palomar Medical/Cynosure’s SmartSkin CO2 laser. Specializing in non-ablative and ablative fractional laser resurfacing, skin tightening, photo rejuvenation applications for removal of brown spots, sun damage and the treatment of acne and rosacea.
- CoolSculpting. As our CoolSculpting Team Leader, Lori has advanced certification to perform all aspects of fat cell reduction with cryolipolysis using all CoolSculpting devices.
- BTL Aesthetics. Advanced training to perform treatments for Vanquish ME (radio-frequency fat removal); Exilis Ultra 360 (radio-frequency & ultrasound energy skin tightening and smoothing); Ultra Femme 360 (intimate rejuvenation); Cellutone (cellulite smoothing) and EMSCULPT (High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic muscle-building and toning).
- Vibraderm; chemical peels; microneedling and tattoo removal.
Lori prides herself in having a professional demeanor as well as an outgoing personality that makes patients feel right at home. In her ‘occasional’ time away from the office, she enjoys spending time with her family and dogs, especially relaxing at the swimming pool. But always wearing a minimum of SPF 30.